Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to find lost iPad without using “Find My” app

I’m trying to locate an iPad that was misplaced or lost. It’s not on my “find my” app as if it were erased. How can I locate it for free without using the app? I already tried calling my carrier & apple & they said they couldn’t do anything to help. I guess I’m going to try to trace it through the police.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 17, 2024 11:51 AM

3 replies

May 17, 2024 1:57 PM in response to mldelvalle67

Start here:

Locate a device in Find My on iPad - Apple Support

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive or without a network connection for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad may have been lost.

How to find lost iPad without using “Find My” app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.