Newly Created Playlists Not Showing Up on Apple Music Web UI

I'm curious to see if anyone else is seeing this behavior.

Scenario 1:

1) Create a new playlist on Apple Music for either MacOS, iOS, or iPad OS and add few songs to it.

2) Log into music.apple.com in your browser of choice -- the playlist does not show up there (but you can see it on all your devices)

Scenario 2:

1) On music.apple.com, find a song and hit the "..." and add to a new playlist. Create a new playlist e.g. "Playlist created on Apple Music for web". The playlist shows up both in the Apple Music for Web UI as well as all my devices.

2) Reload the browser page, the playlist disappears. It still exist on all devices.

It seems like whatever API is used for listing playlists in the web UI is broken. This is something I first noticed on Sonos so I'm sure it's related.

(Side note - adding content to existing playlists that do show up on the web UI works fine. Deleting playlists and playlist folders also is immediately reflected in the web UI. It's just the display of newly created playlists that is not working).

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on May 17, 2024 1:48 PM

1 reply

May 20, 2024 9:39 AM in response to c0t0d0s6

So, it looks like this is isolated to my account. Something corrupt with a folder or playlist is making the display of playlists on Apple Music for web and Sonos not display. On Sonos I still see a playlist folder that doesn't exist anywhere that I can see in either iOS or AM for Web.

I'd created a new account and added it to my family account, and it works completely as expected. I just wish I could find a way to clear out whatever is causing this.

Newly Created Playlists Not Showing Up on Apple Music Web UI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.