Apple Watch Battery Suddenly Goes Dead Very Quickly

Yesterday afternoon, I noticed my Apple Watch was acting rather strangely. Siri seem to be coming on randomly, and I could not get it to turn off. No sound, just a little indicator on the screen that Siri was listening. Then I noticed that my battery had gone completely dead and it was just barely afternoon. It normally lasts nearly 2 days. I put it on the charger last night, and it only charged to about 40% after being on a charger all night long. I put it on a different charger, and it eventually charged to 100%, But that only lasted for a few hours and it had to be put back on the charger. I have not had any problems from this watch until this occurred. And the only thing I can think of that is different is that I recently updated my iPhone version 17.5. The only thing I’ve tried so far to fix it is to reset the watch, then unpair and pair it back to my iPhone. Anyone else experiencing this? Any advice?

Apple Watch SE (2nd generation)

Posted on May 17, 2024 2:51 PM

1 reply

May 18, 2024 4:59 AM in response to TonyD6201

Did you try to unpair it and set it up again, this time without using the latest backup?

Your watch should also be updated to watchOS 10.5 during setting it up again.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If charging is still an issue, you should get the watch checked by Apple, which can also be done online by the official Apple Support.

Apple Watch Online Support

Apple Watch Service and Repair - Apple Support

Apple Watch Battery Suddenly Goes Dead Very Quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.