Logic Pro 11 and Hardware Insert Issue

I am having some issues with Logic Pro X and now Logic 11 and hardware inserts. 

For example, on Audio or instrument track 1, I have two dbx560As assigned to inputs 1/2 and outputs 3/4 as the hardware insert. Logic will ping fine and the wet signal will play just fine on Audio/instrument track 1, but if I change the hardware insert to a SSL G Comp, assigned to inputs 3/4 and outputs 5/6, it won’t pass any wet signal, not even ping for that matter when the I/O setting is powered on. When I power off the I/O insert in Logic, only the dry signal passes. The same Audio/instrument track 1 will also ping and send a wet signal to my SSL 611 EQs assigned to inputs 5/6 and outputs 7/8, but no dice when switching back to the G Comp. 

Audio or instrument track 2 will recognize the SSL G Comp assigned to inputs 3/4 and outputs 5/6 just fine but won’t ping or send wet signal to the dbx560A or the SSL 611’s with the same settings as above. 

There is no difference in performance if this is a mono or stereo track, only same issues.

S/PDIF is hit and miss, working sometimes, more not than often. 

I installed Reaper and the hardware inserts work just fine with the same input and output settings as in Logic so I know it’s not my audio interface or outboard gear. Would much rather use Logic so hopefully this issue can get resolved. 

Interface is Apogee Ensemble connected to Switchcraft 6425 patchbay using DSub connector (Ensemble outputs 3-10 to Switchcraft inputs 1-8), routed to API Lunchbox 1-8 via Switchcraft 9-16), routed back to Ensemble inputs 1-6, and Warm Audio EQs into Ensemble 7-8. Focusrite ISA-428 routed to Ensemble via ADAT.

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on May 17, 2024 5:45 PM

There are no replies.

Logic Pro 11 and Hardware Insert Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.