Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Canon IJ Scan Utility shows old Canon printer

I have a 24 inch, M1, 2021 Mac running on OS 14.4.1. I had a Canon Printer T8260 connected to my Mac. I have deleted the old printer and trashed the IJ Scan Utility. Emptied the Bin and restarted my Mac.

I bought a Canon CanoScan Lide 400.

I retrieved the relevant install wizards from Canon for the Line 400, all went well, "you can now use your scanner" stated the wizard. I plug the Lide 400 into a spare port, using a USB connector. The scanner is powered and when I tried to scan a document, the Image Capture does not capture the document, essentially no image.

When I open the Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite, it shows the scanner as the old TS8260 series, with no dropdown option to select the Lide 400.

Any clues on how to get rid of the TS8260 footprint?

Posted on May 17, 2024 7:16 PM

9 replies

May 18, 2024 11:56 AM in response to RK from OZ

>I read somewhere that Canon LIDE (flatbed scanners) drivers do not support OS 14.4

The Canon LiDE 400 scanner is listed under USB-only devices in the May 15, 2024 en-us version of About AirPrint - Apple Support:

"Similar to AirPrint printers, these USB devices allow you to print or scan without having to install additional drivers. Because they require a USB connection, they support driverless printing or scanning only from Mac computers."

Any change if you reset the printing system?

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

This may remove other entries as well, so expect to re-add printers. As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

May 20, 2024 9:24 PM in response to BDAqua

I reckon that it's a connection issue. My iMac 24inch 2021 model. It has 2 USB 3 and 2 thunderbolt USB 4. I connect USB-C via an Apple USB adapter, which has worked for other units that I had to connect to the iMac. I noticed that the Canon LIDE no longer appears under locations. Canon Support has been most helpful, I best return the unit to Amazon.

May 17, 2024 11:04 PM in response to BDAqua

When I open the LIDE400 from Printer/Scanner, the Mac displays the LIDE info but the image capture app/driver is looking for my TS8260. I have deleted the Canon drivers etc and reinstalled as per instructions…. No joy there.

Just to make my day, I read somewhere that Canon LIDE (flatbed scanners) drivers do not support OS 14.4, perfect!

I have reached out to Canon Support (Australia) let’s see what they come up with.

Canon IJ Scan Utility shows old Canon printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.