iMessage group chat - unable to send messages from Mac after using eSim

Hello, just returned from abroad after using an Airalo eSim and my group chats on iMessage got messed up. At first, on iPhone, I could see another "me" as a member in the group chat, so I removed them but ended up removing my actual self. I messed with some settings in Messages and eSim and got it working on my iPhone eventually.

On my Mac, however, the chats show a chain of "me" being added and removed, the last of which is "You left the conversation" (which I did not actually do). I have no message box showing up to send a message, as I have "left" the conversation. However, I can still message this group chat from my phone. That message shows up in blue, on "my" side of the screen, on the chat on my Mac. However, I still have no option to send messages to this chat as I still show up as having left the conversation.

Tried logging in and out of iMessage, enabling and disabling my number/email addresses in iMessage. Any ideas? TIA.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 17, 2024 7:13 PM

There are no replies.

iMessage group chat - unable to send messages from Mac after using eSim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.