How to stop seeing the list of available airplay speakers on my mac sound output?

I've seen multiple other people with this same issue online and haven't found anyone with a solution so far. I have my Airplay Receive turned off and "Allow Airplay for" current user. I'm currently running Sonoma operating system.

I switch between my laptops built in speakers, a small bluetooth speaker and earphones when listening to music. There is a list of a number of nearby Airplay speakers that I'd like to no longer see.

Is there any way to hide those unwanted Airplay speakers?

Thank you!

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on May 17, 2024 7:55 PM

1 reply

May 18, 2024 9:59 AM in response to WonderingAboutThat

WonderingAboutThat wrote:

I've seen multiple other people with this same issue online and haven't found anyone with a solution so far. I have my Airplay Receive turned off and "Allow Airplay for" current user. I'm currently running Sonoma operating system.

I switch between my laptops built in speakers, a small bluetooth speaker and earphones when listening to music. There is a list of a number of nearby Airplay speakers that I'd like to no longer see.

Is there any way to hide those unwanted Airplay speakers?

Thank you!

ref: Use AirPlay with Apple devices - Apple Support

you can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

How to stop seeing the list of available airplay speakers on my mac sound output?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.