Aux Port Buzzing | MacBook Pro M1 14 (2021)

I got this M1 Pro MBP'14 an year ago and I guess I'm encountering issues related to aux port. Wired earphones/headphones whenever plugged in I hear an occasional buzz here and there for a while when opening/closing apps etc. This buzz is independed of what the volume is. It happens irrespective of whether the magsafe is plugged in or not. Magsafe plugged in certainly amplifies it a bit but it happens otherwise as well. Recently I got to hear a little bit of that buzz while a video was playing. I want to know if that's how these devices work or what's really the issues and does that happen with others here as well? I told the same issue to the guy at genius bar but he couldn't really hear it since it was all noisy out there. He let it off saying it's probably because of some compatibility issue and if you use something like airpods(wired) you won't encounter the same. I tested using my Sony Xm5 headphones the wired way and the buzzing was still happening. I have this issue since Day 1 of my purchase.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.5

Posted on May 17, 2024 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2024 11:26 AM

You may have static electricity tripping up the speakers built-in to the Mac.

An Authorized Service Provider could investigate if the fans may have something small lodged in them.

I would complain to the store manager that the genius bar rep didn't have a quiet place to listen to the Mac. Most stores are designed to have a quiet area behind the store walls where they can investigate anything audible that is problematic with the Mac.

I would have Apple look to see if there is anything lodged in the Aux port that could be causing audible interference.

Call AppleCare and make a case number with them about it. You may be able to have them send you a mail back box to inspect it further.

We are just end users here with Apple moderation.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2024 11:26 AM in response to Watansh21

You may have static electricity tripping up the speakers built-in to the Mac.

An Authorized Service Provider could investigate if the fans may have something small lodged in them.

I would complain to the store manager that the genius bar rep didn't have a quiet place to listen to the Mac. Most stores are designed to have a quiet area behind the store walls where they can investigate anything audible that is problematic with the Mac.

I would have Apple look to see if there is anything lodged in the Aux port that could be causing audible interference.

Call AppleCare and make a case number with them about it. You may be able to have them send you a mail back box to inspect it further.

We are just end users here with Apple moderation.

May 19, 2024 5:17 AM in response to a brody

Given that I've had this issue since the purchase, do you think it would be more appropriate to request a complete device replacement rather than just a repair?

Considering the possibility of other unknown issues that might exist due to potentially receiving a faulty device at purchase,

I'm concerned that merely addressing the current problem may not be sufficient.

Could you provide guidance on whether seeking a full replacement might be a better course of action in this case?

Thank you for your advice.

Aux Port Buzzing | MacBook Pro M1 14 (2021)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.