Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music features in iPhone???

Hello all,
I am a newly converted PC user (first post), dumped my Vista box for a new iMac and I'm loving every minute of it. I have been looking at getting an iPhone since launch and now that the price drop is out, I think I will jump. (Sorry early adopters, but this does happen in the mobile industry all the time, i.e. Razor).

I do have a question for current owners, does the iPhone already have all the features they showed on the iTouch today? I am planning on getting a new Nano for my running, (Love that new interface), but was wondering if the features, and layout of music on the iTouch was already built into the iPhone. Things like "tapping" and album and getting the song list, the visual volume/playback controls, etc.

If these features are not in the iPhone, has anyone heard if they are planning these in a software update? Since Apple says the iPhone is the "best iPod ever", I think it should be able to do anything exactly the same way the iTouch does. Anyone agree?

Thanks for reading/replying,
Luke

P.S. I think the wi-fi store is coming to iPhone, but can't confirm. Does anyone else know?

EDIT: Steve confirmed in the presentation that it the wi-fi store will come to the iPhone.

iMac 2.8Ghz 24", Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 5, 2007 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2007 6:54 PM

All of the features that you have seen on the new iPod touch are features that already exist on the iPhone. iTunes WiFi will be a new software update for the iPhone and if I heard him right the new iPod Touch will not come with it installed but it will also need a sofware update to get this cool new feature. I really like my iPhone and I know you will to.
Enjoy!!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2007 6:54 PM in response to lukeosx

All of the features that you have seen on the new iPod touch are features that already exist on the iPhone. iTunes WiFi will be a new software update for the iPhone and if I heard him right the new iPod Touch will not come with it installed but it will also need a sofware update to get this cool new feature. I really like my iPhone and I know you will to.
Enjoy!!

Sep 5, 2007 7:17 PM in response to WS6

WS6,
Thank you for your reply. I think I will wait about a week or so and try to go pick up a new iPhone and new Nano at an Apple store. Boy, Apple is getting a ton of my money this year with my new iMac, .mac, iPhone, Nano, and the coming Leopard. Oh and I want that new wireless keyboard and mighty mouse. Big year for them! Now bring on the "refreshed" macbook pro and I'm set!

--Luke

Music features in iPhone???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.