Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone to Car Stereo: Looking for Dock Connector to Mini Plug Cable

I have a car stereo that has a mini stereo input on the front. I have used a "dock to mini plug connector" for my iPod with success, but this cable doesn't work with the iPhone. There is no sound at all. It is made by Cable To Go and I highly reccomend it for an iPod.

Does anyone know of a cable that has worked from the iPhone Dock Connector to a stereo 3.5mm mini plug? I also have a USB input on this car stereo. I'm trying to avoid using the headphone out, but as it's just voice Podcast I want to listen to, I may go that route for now.

Thanks,

Steve
http://www.stevevansak.com

iMac G4 Flat Panel (10.4.10), IPhone, iPod 80G, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 8, 2007 8:00 AM

2 replies

Sep 8, 2007 4:28 PM in response to Steve Vansak

Are you running 1.01 or 1.02 software on your iPhone? The original 1.0 rev apparently didn't allow audio out through the dock connector, but was fixed in 1.01.

My Belkin Car Charger Plus works to charge my iPhone and feed the audio to my radio via the dock connector.

The only problem is that the iPhone complains every time i hook it up that 'this accessory is not made for iPhone' and you have to tap the 'no' button to not turn on airplane mode. Annoying.

Anyone know if there's a way to get my iPhone to stop complaining about this?

Note to Apple: Please limit these warnings to the first time a new accessory is hooked up or even disable it entirely since the current software works fine with it.

Thanks.

Sep 10, 2007 4:25 PM in response to iJim

I do have the latest update and i excitely thought the same thing. Tried it out to no avail. I also have the Airplane Warning when I connect to my Apple Hi - Fi. I also popped it into a JBl speaker at the Apple Store this past weekend and it posed the same disclaimer, but worked fine once ignored.

I'll keep trying my cable with every update. In the meantime, the headphone out is working okay for listening to Podcast on my morning commute.

Thanks,
Steve
http://www.stevevansak.com

iPhone to Car Stereo: Looking for Dock Connector to Mini Plug Cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.