Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Otterbox armor series

I purchased the Otterbox armor series case for my iphone. Do you have to use headphones to be able to hear and talk on the phone. Without the headphones plugged in, I can not hear and the person on the other end can not hear me. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Pc, Windows XP

Posted on Dec 22, 2007 3:58 PM

22 replies

Dec 22, 2007 4:48 PM in response to jackm79

Hey Jackm79, I recently purchased the OtterBox Armor series aswell! Before this went on sale i had the Defender series and some other cases. But i have to say that I'am a bit dissapointed with this Armor case. You are not doing anything wrong the only way to use the phone is to plug in your headphone's. Also you cant use a bluetooth headset because of the jack that you insert into the phone. But i think the only 2 good things about this case 1. Easy to remove the phone. 2. It has perfect protection for the phone !!!!! Let me know how it all works out for you !

Dec 22, 2007 6:27 PM in response to jackm79

Well i have tried using the speakerphone and i had to yell into the mic just so my wife on her Iphone could barely hear me ! No you can't use the ipod feature because of the jack that is in the phone to listen to the ipod you have to put on the headphones. But yes the ringer will ring loud and clear because even with the headphones on the phone will still ring if you know what i mean. I belive that on the OtterBox Website it say's that they recommend that you use headphones for the phone function and Ipod function!!!! But so far how do you like the case ?

Dec 22, 2007 11:25 PM in response to macuser94

Yeah i agree with you this case is super easy as far as inserting the phone and removing it ! The Denfender Case takes for ever to open up and you have to be careful not to drop your phone while fighting to pry it open. Con is you have to open up the case to charge the phone but it beat's having to remove the phone to charge. Well i have to say that i'am finally satisfied with the case i guess!!?

Otterbox armor series

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.