Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stuck in "headphones" mode....

My iPhone appears to be stuck in "headphones" mode. Sound works fine through headphones when they're plugged in, but when headphones aren't plugged in, I get no sound at all from the phone. When I adjust the volume with the buttons on the side, the display says "Ringer (headphones)." Help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jan 29, 2008 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2008 4:46 PM

AndyMac67,

You may want to plug/unplug the headphones several times fairly quickly to see if that resolves the issue. If not, you can try some additional troubleshooting steps here:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306910

Hope this helps,
Jennifer B.
8 replies

Mar 30, 2008 5:10 AM in response to Spartan95

I had exactly the same experience as Spartan95. My iPhone got stuck in headphones mode just before a business trip, and stayed that way for 2 weeks before I could get to the Genius Bar. I tried resetting, compressed air, restoring... and nothing worked. The Genius attempted a restore in the store, and when that didn't solve the issue, handed me a new phone. Too bad there isn't a manual software "switch" available in the phone's options panel. Oh, well....

iPhone stuck in "headphones" mode....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.