Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Address Book.app - Apartment number field? There's no 2nd Address Line?

Hi,

I have been using Apple's built-in Address Book to keep track of contacts. I am disappointed that the application seems to lack a second address line for apts/suites. This leads to me having to place an apartment number on the first line which isn't always convenient especially when using Address Book to fill-in web fields.

Is there something I'm missing? I checked the fields that were available to add and a second address line was strangely not available.

Help please!

Thanks,

Patrick

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Feb 8, 2008 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2008 5:00 PM

The street field within a postal address block is actually a multi-line field. To add another line to the address, simply go to the end of the street field and press return, then type an additional line of the address. There's no enforced limit to the number of lines you can put in the street field, as far as I know.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2008 5:00 PM in response to patrickinstardom

The street field within a postal address block is actually a multi-line field. To add another line to the address, simply go to the end of the street field and press return, then type an additional line of the address. There's no enforced limit to the number of lines you can put in the street field, as far as I know.

Address Book.app - Apartment number field? There's no 2nd Address Line?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.