Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I do a photo collage in iphoto

I am a new mac owner. I am just learning how to use all the applications and the operating systems. My question is can I create a collage of photos from iphoto? For example, take a regular sized piece of paper and place 10-15 photos on it? Please let me know! Thanks!

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Mar 17, 2008 9:52 AM

4 replies

Mar 17, 2008 10:49 AM in response to msalyse

Hi, msalyse. Not in iPhoto — you'll need to use another application for that. A page-layout app would probably make the process easiest, since it would allow you to place all the photos where you want them, resize and rotate them easily, and overlap them any way you like. They'll need to be cropped to the desired proportions and exported from iPhoto to a folder on the desktop before you work with them in another application.

Mar 17, 2008 11:52 AM in response to eww

Photoshop Elements
Graphic Coverter

are some of the apps that you can use.

You can set Photoshop (or any image editor) as an external editor in iPhoto. (Preferences -> General -> Edit Photo: Choose from the Drop Down Menu.) This way, when you double click a pic to edit in iPhoto it will open automatically in Photoshop or your Image Editor, and when you save it it's sent back to iPhoto automatically. This is the only way that edits made in another application will be displayed in iPhoto.

Regards

TD

Apr 4, 2008 8:48 AM in response to Yer_Man

Another way you can try if you have Appleworks(AW), is to open a 'Painting' file in AW (File/New/Painting) and drag a jpeg photo on to it. In the toolbar, click on Transform, and drag down to 'Scale by Percent'. Click on the default 50% and keep doing that until you have the photo down to a small size. Then drag another photo on to it and go through the same procedure. Once you have the photo down to the size you want, you can drag it into any area of the 'Painting' page and re-arrange them as you like. Once you have your collage you can then print it. This may not be the best system, but it works for me. Good luck.

Can I do a photo collage in iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.