Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Ear Speaker Not Working!!!

I cant hear anything out of my ear speaking when I make a call or I cant hear when someone calls me. My ringtone works and everything but when I answer it is totally silent. Same when i try to listen to my voicemails. Then when i try turning up the volume it says that my headphones are plugged in, but they aren't. Can i take it to an apple store to get it fixed?

Apple, iPhone

Posted on Apr 4, 2008 8:47 AM

2 replies

Apr 4, 2008 8:50 AM in response to arcticcat50089

You won't need to go to Apple, at least if you try the fix yourself. This is a glitch and the sensor things the earphones are still plugged in. Insert the earphones and remove them several times. It make take 8 or 10 times of doing it, but then it should correct itself. You can also take compressed air and blow out the earphone jack. Dirt and/or dust will get in there and "confuse" the sensor.

Apr 4, 2008 8:51 AM in response to arcticcat50089

I had this issue as well. Take a can of compressed air and CAREFULLY blast a couple SHORT bursts into the headphone jack. Be very careful to not tip/tilt it so the liquid sprays into the earphone slot. I have heard bad things happening when you do this, so best way is to keep the air can upright and tilt the iPhone on its side and blow that way.

Test the phone and if this does not work, blast it a few more times.

In the end, if nothing works, then take it back to Apple and have them work on it or replace it.

iPhone Ear Speaker Not Working!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.