Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3G frozen on Apple logo screen -- HELP!

I had just purchased and installed 3-D Vector Pong from the App Store/iTunes, and the iPhone force-restarted...only it never got past the Apple logo. I've tried resetting, and I always get stuck on the Apple logo screen...no spinning wheel or anything else. I've let it sit for an hour, and it never gets to the home screen. Tried plugging it into the wall, taking out the SIM card, plugging it into the computer/iTunes...NOTHING.

Can anyone please tell me what I can do to fix this issue, or is my iPhone 3G defective?

ProBook 15" Intel dual-system, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jul 14, 2008 3:00 AM

7 replies

Jul 14, 2008 3:15 AM in response to Sounders13

Hiya

i had sam issue with mine, also whilst trying to upload apps.
Take it back to Apple store, they can restore it from there and all will be well. I was told mine the software was corrupted. I took my laptop with me so could try installing apps again whilst was there incase there was an issue, and it works fine.

just got to wait for 02 to activate me now!!!

Jul 18, 2008 12:16 AM in response to Sounders13

Similar issue. I was updating an application, launched BeatMaker which hung, then it reset to the blank screen with an Apple logo. Tried the power/home reset procedure, but it still ends back at the boot screen and doesn't get any further. I guess I'll let it sit on this screen until it runs out of juice, then try plugging it in and see if it starts then.

Otherwise I guess I'll have to take it back to the store and hope for the best. Good luck to you guys...

Jul 18, 2008 1:46 AM in response to Sounders13

Same for me!! Can't get past boot-up screen with Apple logo no matter what I do.
How do we fix this? I'm taking it to Apple Store tomorrow, but if someone knows how to fix this now, please email me at bj3949@earthlink.net ASAP!!! Thank you 🙂

This definitely has to do with some these new apps being really buggy.

This is really bullshite though. I can't even restore the motherfunker.

Message was edited by: bj3949

iPhone 3G frozen on Apple logo screen -- HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.