Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone cable to vga, dvi or s-video

i am building a video installation and i would like to run the video off my iphone, but the projector that was donated only has an s-video, vga, dvi-d and single video output. the budget it blown, so i cant afford a new projector, does anyone of a cable that can connect from iphone to vga or dvi.

appreciate the help
/brian

Dual 1.8 G5, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Oct 14, 2008 1:46 PM

5 replies

Oct 14, 2008 1:57 PM in response to traced

I don't know of any off the top of my head, I'd have to look around. If I find anything I'll let you know. Even if you could get an adapter for iphone to vga, dvi-d, or s-video, you won't have any sound, those formats only support video.

One way you could do it is by connecting a computer to it with iTunes installed that is connected to the projector. You can then hook your iPhone up to it, or if you have a wireless network installed you can download the remote application for the iPhone to control your iTunes library remotely if you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network the computer is on.

Oct 14, 2008 2:48 PM in response to traced

What you refer to as "single video output" is most likely a composite video input. If that is the case, then the Apple Composite AV Cable is what you need. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB129LL/A

This cable also includes audio outputs that you connect to your audio system.

Make sure you purchase the cable from Apple. Similarly named cables for sale at eBay and other sources may not work.

Oct 14, 2008 3:38 PM in response to traced

thanks for the quick response,

Envision99
the wi-fi is an interesting idea, but it is going to be outside so may prove to be tricky.

dave
i have the a/v component cable and that doesnt work (obviously), i didnt realize there was also a a/v composite cable, hopefully that will work... i will let you know

thanks again
/traced

iphone cable to vga, dvi or s-video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.