Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

difference between InvisibleShield, Ghost Armor, Clear Shield

They all say that each was originally used to "used to protect the leading edges of military helicopter blades from wear and tear" or protect helicopter blades in Desert Storm from sand or something. Why are there different companies making the same exact product? I'm a bit confused on this (apparently theres some minor difference between Invisible Shield and Ghost Armor.. apparently Ghost armor's a little better)

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Dec 28, 2008 10:07 PM

5 replies

Dec 29, 2008 3:01 AM in response to TK90

From a novice point of view, there is no difference.

Commercial companies fabricate the same exact way of story for years to make the product so cool to use. As you say "used to protect the leading edges of military helicopter blades from wear and tear" is the same as "We've imported diamonds from the South Africa mining facility heavily guarded by the top best paramilitary troopers to bring you the best African diamonds." or whatever the story Mervis Diamond importers goes by.

Simply put, they are all the same. Pick one you wish to use. The cheapest will do. If you want to pick one without a screen protector, go to IvySkin.com and they sell shells that cover the entire iPhone and the screen itself. They sell Xylo brands that cover the entire body.

Dec 29, 2008 3:03 PM in response to TK90

Let me tell you why you DO need a screen protector.

I had a Dell AXIM for 2-3 years. Used it with an awesome screen protector (i can't remember the name, it's a static cling, washable, reusable film). I had it on the device from day one. I didn't smudge and I never had any problems until the day I dropped the device face first on a pebble getting out of my car. The protector had a dent and I thought the screen has a chip. I peeled the film of to reveal an immaculate screen without any scratches.

Now, on the other hand, I have an expensive watch with a scratch resistant glass. I dropped that by mistake and it his something on the concrete and I had a very expensive dot on its face. Now, I don't expect anyone to use a screen protector on a watch but if $10 will maintain an immaculate screen i think it's worth it.

Now, If I just could find the same screen protector I had on my AXIM I would buy it in an instant. It was smudge resistant too. I'm on my 4th cheap film and they either smudge or they are sticky.

difference between InvisibleShield, Ghost Armor, Clear Shield

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.