Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement parts for the new apple in-ear headphones?

i have 1 mesh cap, two that where originally on it broke and i lost the other one + a silicon thingy while i was going through security at the airport. I need to get replacement parts from these as the cost me £70.

Helpity help help....

Black Macbook (Early 2008) - iPod Touch 32GB 2nd Gen 2.2.1, Mac OS X (10.5.6), Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz 4 GB 800 MHzv

Posted on Apr 15, 2009 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2009 11:56 AM

Check this out. Couldn't find the same for mesh caps. You can google for "apple in-ear mesh caps".

http://www.dealsishop.com/silicone-replacement-ear-tips-for-apple-in-ear-headpho nes-remote.html
5 replies

Jun 8, 2009 4:44 PM in response to Mattysoft

You probably already have spare mesh caps. Spares ship with the product. They are easy to overlook.

Okay, a little more detail now, and with some more keywords to help people who are searching for this info ...

The Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic product ships with two extra “mesh caps” included. They are in a small, transparent plastic capsule embedded in the cardboard folder containing the documentation. They are easy to overlook, and probably some customers accidentally throw them out! I know I almost did.

I lost one of my mesh caps and it took a fair bit of searching and scratching my head wondering how I was going to replace it before I noticed a reference to the spare mesh caps in an Apple KnowledgeBase document ( http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2452).

Jul 13, 2009 3:22 PM in response to Mattysoft

Paul - thanks for the tip. My 4-year old managed to unscrew and lose one of my mesh caps and one of the silicone buds. I've been scratching my head for two weeks wondering what to do about it.

DarKOrange - the mesh caps are the small metal screw in mesh pieces which the silicone ear buds slip over. These are hidden inside the instructional packet in the box. You're thinking of the silicone ear buds in the capsule which come in multiple sizes.

Well, one problem solved? Now to replacing that silicone earbud... I have sizes large and medium which I'd be happy to trade anyone for a set of smalls...

Replacement parts for the new apple in-ear headphones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.