Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New App for Sirius/XM Radio!!

There is a new "app" out called "Pocket Tunes Radio" (@$9.99) that allows connections to both XM and Sirius radio via an iPhone. I'm listening to 50's Sirius music as I write this on my iPhone.

In order to use this App for Sirius/XM, it is NECESSARY to have a subscription to either Sirius or XM.

More information can be had @ www.pockettunesradio.com.

On the iPhone you only have to load your Sirius/XM user name and password in one time. The next time you open the program, it automatically starts up. I've been waiting for this App ever since I got my iPhone about a year ago.

This App is TOTALLY too cool! I expect it to be one of my top apps.

I might add that this app has many other radio options that MAY make it worth the $10 charge. I'm almost certain IF this program had a free tryout, they would get a lot more sales. I've only had the app about an hour, but for my money, its the best "radio" app I've tried (and I've tried several).

MacBook 3.1 S.R. Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz 4GB, Mac OS X (10.5.7), IT 8GB IP3G 16GB

Posted on Jun 3, 2009 11:04 AM

5 replies

Jun 3, 2009 1:21 PM in response to Jameson!

Jameson! wrote:
Sirius will be releasing it's own app, hopefully, sometime this month.....

Well, that may be, but I've been waiting a year now with the "promise" of a Sirius app and so far, NOTHING. I suppose if the Sirius app (whenever it does appear) is free, it might be best to wait.

However, the app mentioned above also seems to be a head above all the 99 cent and free radio apps I've tried so far. Without the Sirius/XM option, I probably would not have bought this app at 10 buck on spec although after trying it out, I think it may be worth that even without Sirius/XM.

The big negative about this app and ALL streaming apps is that they literally EAT the battery in a very short time. While I've never timed streaming, I'm willing to bet if you get an hour of operation, it would be unusual.

In a limited test I did on streaming "Maps" with GPS running, it appeared that the battery could not keep up with the drawdown EVEN plugged into a cigarette lighter port. On an even more limited test, it appears that this app MAY hold it's head above water re battery life IF plugged into a power port.

I just did my first "trip" with this app running (without being plugged in at the start) and the battery bar showing maybe 3/4's. I drove about 15 minutes, went into Costco, shopped for about 30 minutes, got back in the car and the IP battery was down to red. I then plugged into a power port, drove home and in the driveway, the battery bar looked about the same as it did in the Costco lot.

Its a shame that 3G streaming is such a drawdown, but IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Jun 4, 2009 1:00 PM in response to Macaby

Re battery life when "streaming", today I did a further test and it appears that my IP does recharge when continually streaming radio. Caveat: I was plugged into A/C during the preceding test. So, I don't know if the same results would occur using a car power port.

I do know that my car power port did not keep up with the battery drain when doing a GPS test and streaming "Maps".

New App for Sirius/XM Radio!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.