Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I view iPhone pics on my PC?

When I sync my iPhone with my PC, the pics I took using my iPhone show up as "ITHMB" files. My computer won't open them with Microsoft Picture or several other photo applications I have. I found several sites that offer me a free download to open these type of iPhone picture files, but I don't trust them. Does Apple not provide us with a way to open and view on our PC the pictures we take with our iPhone?

PC, Windows XP

Posted on Jun 13, 2009 9:28 PM

8 replies

Jun 14, 2009 7:39 AM in response to LizDS2009

here is a link that seems to have helped many windows users:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2548/iphonetransfer_pictures_from_iphone_toxp/

*+1. Click Start+*
*+2. Click All Programs+*
*+3. Select Accessories+*
*+4. Select Scanner and Camera Wizard+*
*+5. Select the iPhone out of your potential devices.+*
*+6. If you want to be able to manually copy pictures over in an explorer-like interface, click the advanced users only link. If you want to copy pictures over in a little wizard-like interface, click Next.+*

*+Using either the explorer or wizard interfaces will allow you to delete pictures as well. Using this method is obviously a lot quicker than deleting the pictures manually on the iPhone itself.+*

Another method is to get a Mac and just use iPhoto... 😉

Jun 14, 2009 6:20 PM in response to LizDS2009

I am having the exact same problem. It started after I installed 2.2 on my 3G and upgraded the Itunes to the latest version. Running XP Pro with SP3. I have tried everyhing I know and can't fix the problem. I have another PC that runs Vista and just for fun I opened up the Camera function on that computer and attempted to delete the photos and it worked fine. Thanks a lot website!

---
http://www.ticsoft.com

How do I view iPhone pics on my PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.