Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 2g battery replacement (out of warranty)

I just ordered a used iPhone 2g from eBay and everything works great except for the battery. It's about a whole year out of warranty right now so I was just wondering if Apple would still replace the battery for free or if they charge a fee, how much would they be? I was also checking out some online services that specialize in hardware repairs/modifications, one of those being Rapid Repair. They charge $20 for the battery and $30 to send the phone in and have them work on it. Which one would I be better off with?

Thanks for your help.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 14, 2009 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2009 10:18 AM

If the iPhone is no longer under warranty, Apple will not replace the battery for free, or do anything else for free in regards to repairing or exchanging the iPhone for a problem that would be covered under the warranty. End of warranty means ends of warranty coverage.

I believe Apple charges $69 to replace the battery.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2009 10:18 AM in response to ckkBLeev

If the iPhone is no longer under warranty, Apple will not replace the battery for free, or do anything else for free in regards to repairing or exchanging the iPhone for a problem that would be covered under the warranty. End of warranty means ends of warranty coverage.

I believe Apple charges $69 to replace the battery.

iPhone 2g battery replacement (out of warranty)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.