Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Voice Memos Interrupted By Incoming Calls

I notice that every time I use my Voice Memos software on the 3G(s), if an call comes in, the Voice Memo stops recording and I won't know it till I look at the phone later. Is there ANY way to stop that for that not to happen and you can have perhaps the calls go directly into voice mail so that the Voice Memo feature doesn't get interrupted? It's useless to me otherwise.

Thanks for anyone's input!

Dell, Windows XP

Posted on Jul 27, 2009 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 1:39 PM

The voice recorder application - just like every other iPhone application, native or 3rd party - will shut down when you receive a phone call. The iPhone operates under the assumption that the device is first and foremost a telephone.

As far as work arounds go, you can always put the phone in airplane mode when you need to use the voice recorder app uninterrupted. This will send all incoming calls directly to voicemail.

Message was edited by: Ansuz82
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2010 1:39 PM in response to starmate5

The voice recorder application - just like every other iPhone application, native or 3rd party - will shut down when you receive a phone call. The iPhone operates under the assumption that the device is first and foremost a telephone.

As far as work arounds go, you can always put the phone in airplane mode when you need to use the voice recorder app uninterrupted. This will send all incoming calls directly to voicemail.

Message was edited by: Ansuz82

iPhone Voice Memos Interrupted By Incoming Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.