Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Store: iphone at walmart

Hi, my iphone needs replaced because the wifi doesnt work, i heard from a friend that some best buys have apple stores or apple centers in them? The nearest actually apple store is three hours away and just wondering if i could go to a best buy and exchange? also on a side note, ive wanted to get the 3Gs and when my wifi problem started to occur i thought itd be a good time to get the new one cuz this one is crap anyway(funny their product breaks and i want to buy more stuff from them) anyway without renewing a contract, the iphone is actually 500-600 bucks? so i was wondering, i was on walmart's site and the prices are the $200 and $300 for teh 16 and 32gb. Do you have to renew a contract to buy one from walmart? just curious about the price difference

Windows Vista

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 7:40 AM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2009 7:47 AM in response to dax2010

The iphone will cost the same no matter where you buy it.

If you are eligible for upgrade with AT&T then you get the lower upgrade (subsidized pricing), if you do not then you pay full price. Yes you have to sign a new 2 year agreement with AT&T. Youc an check with AT&T and see what you are eligible for.

The Apple Store provides service on iphones, not Best Buy nor WalMart.

You can call 800 my iphone and do it via mail as well.

Aug 28, 2009 8:01 AM in response to dax2010

As stated above, the prices are the same for the iPhone no matter where you go. If I were you, I would wait until you are eligible for the upgrade to save the $400, call Apple and have them mail you another iPhone since yours is under warranty. They will do the replacements via mail, the only bad part is you have to wait and they charge your credit card for the iPhone in case you don't return it, but they refund you the money as soon as they receive it back.

Apple Store: iphone at walmart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.