Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone OS 3.1 App Store Glitch

Hi,
After upgrading to the new iPhone OS 3.1, I am having problems with the App Store, specifically in the "Categories" tab. Instead of the usual headers such as "Games", "Utilities", etc. they all become "Category" with the Skype icon.

Screenshot link: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3606/img0002qc.png

Does anyone else have this problem? And if so, how do I fix it?
I have already tried restarting and restoring, but that didn't work.

Help anyone?

Posted on Sep 11, 2009 6:11 PM

79 replies

Sep 11, 2009 8:14 PM in response to ghost1001

I am having the same issue on two iPhones 3GS', both upgraded to 3.1, one is on Fido and one on Rogers.

App store shows all the same Skype icon and the text "App Store" beside it in Category mode.

Selecting any category shows the same apps which seem to be the "Featured" list.

I have deleted the Skype app from my phone and restarted but that made no difference.

Message was edited by: z4mat

Sep 11, 2009 10:22 PM in response to ghost1001

Yup, same issue.
Only in App Store, Category. Yesterday I had a game icon on all of them & App Store next to it in every row. I did a hard restart last night (holding home & off button for 15 sec until restart) & it seemed to work fine after.
But now, this evening, I get the skype icon & App Store on every row.
Come on, can they test it before release... not major but a little ticked.
Will not update my wifes phone until there is a fix.

3GS-16GB (x2) - Rogers

Looking at the other posts, is this a Rogers issue with this update? Never had on 3.01.
Al

Sep 12, 2009 12:00 AM in response to Allan McIntyre

i have an ipod touch with 2.2.1 , restart it reset it kill the app store (hold home until the appstore close) i still have a beautiful skype icon and app store text next redirecting me to the features page as every body because app store and cathegories are not in your device but on a server at apple because when you lost connection with internet nothing appear the best advice is to keep complaining about to apple in hope they will fix it quickly

Sep 12, 2009 1:52 AM in response to ghost1001

I'm having the same problem on my iPhone 3G with OS 3.1 - all my category icons in the App Store have changed into the Skype App logo with App Store written next to them, for all categories. I have tried deleting the Skype App and reloading, moving the icon on the screen & restarting iPhone - still Skype logo there for all categories in App Store. Also in Canada. Hoping I won't need to wipe and reload from backup - simple code fix via URGENT Skype update should sort it out.

Sep 12, 2009 5:42 AM in response to xclusiveplayer

I agree it seems to be a Rogers issue, however we didnt know this until people posted similar issues & noting the location of the posters. As for the poor "Canadian network", is this the same network that has mms photos & vids since intro, something att&t cant provide until late sept?

Never had an issue previously, new iphones, not hacked, just an average user that noticed issues since the upgrade. And looking further into other posts, it seems there have been other issues, non rogers related, since the Apple upgrade.
Also noted that once I turn off the unit & charge it, it starts back up again.

Sep 12, 2009 5:56 AM in response to xclusiveplayer

Yesterday I purchased an ipod touch in Toronto. Out-of-the-box, on the first boot-up, it had this glitch, so it is obviously an Apple problem.

I've received no answers yet. I have seen posts online and in app reviews blaming everything except the Apple OS. Some people seem to think it is caused by apps they have purchased, and post scathing reviews because of it. These are certainly incorrect.

iPhone OS 3.1 App Store Glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.