Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

infra-red remote app (tv etc)

Is there a non-apple tv (and other things) remote yet? Seems two ways have been developed (infra red device controlled through wifi setup, and pen top style ir device plugging into phone's audio jack. Is either available? anything i have seen is nearly available but not yet...i would like this for several things and to be able to flip between simple control screen (volume, channels) and more complicated screen - infact only need the simple one, really. Thanks.

iphone

Posted on Nov 29, 2009 6:36 AM

4 replies

Nov 29, 2009 9:32 AM in response to ayeandrew

Hi,
I'm not totally sure what type of remote control you desire here.
I use an all-in-one style remote from Logitech. It allows you to set up activities in the remote for seemless control of devices during that activity. For example, on of the activities on my Logitech Harmony is 'watch apple tv' i press the button corresponding to this, and my tv switches on, switches to the correct input, my bose system switches on and goes to the correct input and the atv switches on. All from one button press. Then of course you can do all your usual navigating through apple tv using the same remote.
Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but if so, i hope it helps lol

Dec 1, 2009 10:43 AM in response to AntPal

hi thanks. I want to pick up my iphone, press the app "remote" and get on my phone a volume up-down and a channel up-down which work my non-apple tv (flicking on the screen apparently also is possible - up/down for one and left/right for other). ideally i would like to choose between things to control (tv, dvd, etc). Requires piece of infra-red kit to send the signal as well as the app on the phone. This has been under development for some time but never released as far as i can see.

infra-red remote app (tv etc)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.