Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RSS feed reading broken

Safari allows browsing RSS feeds with the URL of the style
"feed://"

It looks like Safari would redirect that to some application on www.mac.com. Now that mac.com has been turned off, URLS with "feed://" just get a generic me.com "Looking for me.com?" page.

I have OS 3.1.2. Was this fixed in 3.1.3?

To reproduce, go to the New York Times site, go to the bottom "rss" link. That takes you to the list of their feeds. Select a feed. You will see it redirect to mac.com and then to the generic me.com page.

Where can I file a bug report on this?

iPhone 2G, iPhone OS 3.1.2

Posted on Feb 9, 2010 7:37 PM

33 replies

Feb 9, 2010 10:42 PM in response to Joel Sumner

AHHHH!! Same thing happened to me today too! It was working fine and then suddenly today, all the RSS feeds that I bookmarked stopped working on the iPhone. At first I thought it was MobileMe, because if you look at the MobileMe System status page, there were several issues today that related with syncing. I contacted MobileMe Live Chat, and after an hour the guy told me to contact iPhone Support, because he was having the same issue on his iPhone, he blamed 3.1.3 update. But I said I never had an issue before, why would the issue come up 7 days after I updated. He didn't have an answer for me.

I'm still suspicious MobileMe is to blame. Is anyone else having the same issue? With or without MobileMe?

Message was edited by: CDCDC

Feb 9, 2010 10:46 PM in response to Joel Sumner

Same issue here. RSS broke sometime this afternoon. Tried clearing cookies, cache, history. Updated to 3.1.3. Still broken. Chatted with MobileMe support who claimed it wasn't their problem. Told to phone Apple. Was told to call back in the morning... Viewing a feed redirects to reader.mac.com, and eventually to me.com/mail. Something is broken on Apple's end of the connection. Glad I found this thread as a sanity check. Thanks for posting it.

Feb 10, 2010 4:02 AM in response to Joel Sumner

Before midnight on 02/09/10 Safari RSS on my iPhone was fine. At 5:30AM EST on 02/10/10 would redirect to a screen to sign-up for Mobile Me. I reset the phone ... same problem. Cleared history, etc. ... same problem. Synced ... same problem. I have a .Mac account, assumed it was related. But, seeing these posts, that does not seem to be the case. Whomever figures out this bug, please post your solution. It is a pain in the butt.

Feb 10, 2010 4:32 AM in response to Joel Sumner

I'm having all the same symptoms here in the UK. Have done all resets and restores, and tried the iPhone with just the original settings, but still the same.
Just been on to Apple support with a really helpful guy in Cork and he's passed it on to his "seniors" to call me back.
I'll post their reply if it's at all helpful, but I don't suppose it'll get looked at until Cupertino wakes up.

Feb 10, 2010 6:03 AM in response to Joel Sumner

Same thing here. Someone must have changed a setting in the reader.mac.com server. When I type this:
http://discussions.apple.com/rss/rssmessages.jspa?forumID=1141

I get the login page for me.com ( http://www.me.com/iphone_welcome/en/)

It happens to ALL the feeds I had bookmarked on my phone. These feeds were working for me last night, and since then I have NOT updated my phone or connected it to my mac. A co-worker is getting the same result, so it's not just me.

What gives, Apple?

Feb 10, 2010 7:19 AM in response to Joel Sumner

I'm on the phone with an "Apple Expert" right now, he has no clue what the problem is or really even that Safari could read RSS feeds before yesterday. It's like pushing a stone uphill.

Actually just got off the phone with him. He had to go talk to someone from MobileMe. That someone told him that the RSS feeds no longer work through mac.com and that there's nothing in place to fix it. They suggested that I look into a third party app.

RSS feed reading broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.