Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

possible status of a mobileconfig?

what are the possible status of a mobileconfig? and what do they mean exactly?
what i have are: unsigned, unverified and verified. Any other possibilities?
I have a mobileconfig file that created by myself and now it shows unverified. How do I make it verified? is it because the certificate i am using is not from what they have installed on the phone?
thx for any hints
CJ

Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Mar 10, 2010 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2010 6:31 PM

Unsigned - The mobileconfig is not signed by anyone. Therefore the source is unknown.

Unverified - The mobileconfig is signed, but the source is not recognized as trusted.

Verified - The mobileconfig is signed and is recognized as a trusted source.

You are correct. The reason that your mobileconfig file does not appear as "Verified" is because the required certificates are not installed on the iPhone. In order to appear as a "verified" source the mobileconfig file must be able to be verified up to the root certificate (i.e. you may need to install more than just one certificate).
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2010 6:31 PM in response to filedeliver

Unsigned - The mobileconfig is not signed by anyone. Therefore the source is unknown.

Unverified - The mobileconfig is signed, but the source is not recognized as trusted.

Verified - The mobileconfig is signed and is recognized as a trusted source.

You are correct. The reason that your mobileconfig file does not appear as "Verified" is because the required certificates are not installed on the iPhone. In order to appear as a "verified" source the mobileconfig file must be able to be verified up to the root certificate (i.e. you may need to install more than just one certificate).

possible status of a mobileconfig?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.