Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to join network "linksys" message

I bought my iPhone 3GS 2 weeks ago and it's been working great. Starting today it will not connect with my home wifi network. It sees the network, but after trying to connect it says "Unable to joing the network "linksys". Any ideas on this? It was working great before. My laptop works fine, actually 3 laptops in the house all on this network work fine.

iPhone3GS, iPhone OS 3.1.3

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 9:07 PM

2 replies

Mar 22, 2010 8:12 AM in response to TxFatBoy

If no problem connecting to any other wi-fi network besides your own, if your network is available at Settings > Wi-Fi, select it to view the network settings. Select Forget This Network.

Follow this be re-joining the network.

If no change after this or if you are unable to select your network at Settings > Wi-Fi to select Forget This Network, go to Settings > General > Reset and select Reset Network Settings. This will delete all wi-fi network settings from your iPhone for every wi-fi network you have previously connected your iPhone with. This will require rejoining every wi-fi network you have access to including re-entering the password for each password protected wi-fi network you have access to.

Unable to join network "linksys" message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.