Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Set the Home Page in Safari?

I don't see how to set a Home page in Safari, or even see a Home button. This seems like a major oversight. Am I just overlooking something obvious?

Early-2008 Mac Pro 2.8, 2GB RAM; MacBook Pro 1.83Ghz, 2GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.1), Mac Mini, 1.83Ghz, 1GB RAM

Posted on Apr 7, 2010 4:56 PM

6 replies

Apr 7, 2010 5:38 PM in response to Voix

open safari, go to the site you want as your home page, click the plus at top of screen to add bookmark, select add to home screen.
That will place the safari icon with the image of the site you want on your home screen. Now when you click on this Safari icon it will open to your home screen. The other poster was correct there is no real home screen but this works fine for me.

I also dragged the original icon of safari off the dock and added my new home page icon to the dock. So whenever I see the dock i see my safari home page

Apr 7, 2010 7:54 PM in response to Voix

I dont understand your first sentence. when you click on the icon i am talking about it brings you to the page you have set not a new page.

You can only put 6 items on the dock, take the original safari icon off the dock and replace with the new one, you still have 6 items.

Yes you need two taps to get back to your home page. From my use with the ipad, surfing with the ipad, is a different experience than with a laptop. You may discover that the home page is less important with the iPad

How to Set the Home Page in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.