Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Buy Return Policy and IPAD

anyone know the return policy from BB on an opened IPAD with craptastic wifi

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Apr 8, 2010 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2010 8:20 AM

If you want to return the iPad for payment credit, you must do so within 14 days I believe along with being charged a restocking fee.

The iPad includes a one year warranty. If the wi-fi is not working properly, Apple handles warranty claims - exchanges under warranty. You can call AppleCare or make an appointment at an Apple store if there is one nearby.
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2010 8:20 AM in response to duhaas

If you want to return the iPad for payment credit, you must do so within 14 days I believe along with being charged a restocking fee.

The iPad includes a one year warranty. If the wi-fi is not working properly, Apple handles warranty claims - exchanges under warranty. You can call AppleCare or make an appointment at an Apple store if there is one nearby.

Apr 8, 2010 9:14 AM in response to Rhett Smith

Well I remember I had trouble sharing the internet from my Mac mini to my iPhone when I bought it. A couple of weeks later a new firmware version came out and corrected that.

If that is the only problem you have with the iPad, I would suggest you wait a bit and I'm sure it will be fixed. 🙂 Lots of people are reporting this matter so Apple is surely on top of it already.

Patience my young Padawan 😀

Apr 8, 2010 10:19 AM in response to Rhett Smith

From up North, Canada.
Been keeping an eye on the Ipad forums as soon will be arriving in Canada. Reading in to this, you are correct that Apple kb only resolve just one issue though feel there is more to it than what Apple leads to. It's not just a single issue with a specific router and most are or have similar problems.
I sure hope that Apple is looking in to a fix soon before thus gets out of hand. It wouldn't want returns back now would they??
Apple, if you are monitoring this discussion, please step up, own up and fix/resolve these concerns. Apple in my view has been true to it's customer base so this is it.

zimer

Apr 20, 2010 11:25 PM in response to Pupperdog

Glad you didn't have to pay a restock fee at BB...no one should if there's something wrong with the product. The issue with telling them that there wasn't a problem with your iPad when you returned it is that it will almost certainly go right back into stock (probably as an "open box" item) and it will become someone else's problem. Honesty is the best policy and all of that, unless of course there was actually nothing wrong with it...in which case it would be interesting to know why it was returned.

May 7, 2011 1:16 PM in response to Rhett Smith

I have problems with wi fi connectivity on my ipad2. I sent it in for repair and they sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with it. I then asked to return the product for a refund and they said they would send me a refurbished one. I paid $650 (with tax) for this thing less than 60 days ago and they refused to take it back. I've never had this problem with a product before - from any company. I'll never buy apple again.

Best Buy Return Policy and IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.