Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3GS keeps dropping WiFi connection

My wife has just upgraded from a 3G to a 3GS. The 3GS connects to our home WiFi network but the connection keeps dropping and we keep having to re-join the network. On the old 3G, the Wifi connection is always maintained. I have tried to see if there is any difference in the setting of the two phones but there appears not to be. Any suggestions regarding how to maintain the WiFi connection on the 3GS?

Mac, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Apr 25, 2010 3:37 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2010 4:55 AM in response to Beecroft

This same thing is occurring with my office WiFi network. After 3 months, we finally learned that when the iPhones connect to the office WiFi (Cisco RVS4000 router), other already connected machines loose their connection. To clear this we must either reboot the router, reboot the machines or simply wait a long time for the situtation to clearup. After banning the iPhones from the WiFi network, the WiFi network remains active and has no issues. The Cisco router has the most current firmware.

iPhone 3GS keeps dropping WiFi connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.