Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple In ear headphones with remote and mic not working?

i recently went into the apple store to get the Apple in ear headphones with mic and remote, they were working for the longest time but now there just not working on my iPod Touch 2nd Gen on firmware version 3.1.3.

i am thinking it is because of the new update 3.1.3 because it was working fine before the update.
i have tried to downgrade but itunes did not let me downgrade when i tried.
i have tried to restore this also did not work.

If you are having this same problem please tell me how to fix it i would appreciate it very much since the headset is out of its one month warranty.

iPod touch 2ng Gen firmware 3.1.3, iPhone OS 3.1.3, apple in ear headphones with mic and remote not working

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 10:14 AM

5 replies

Jun 3, 2010 5:04 PM in response to Joefrig

Couple of Questions for you.

Have you tried your headphones on another ipod or even your computer to see if they are working?

Have you tried another pair of headphones to see if your iPod Touch is sending sound to them?

The above will tell you whether it is the headphones or the iPod Touch the cause of the issue. If it is your headphones then you know what to do. If it is the iPod Touch then check the settings section for Volume Limit (is it set to minimum?). If iPod Touch appears to be setup correctly then you will need to do a RESET and if that doesn't work then do a RESTORE. If none of this works then the next step is the Apple Store.

Axel f.

Jun 3, 2010 9:22 PM in response to Axel Foley

i got the headset like 3 months ago and now theres not warranty on it but i would love if this is just a fimware problem.

i tried it on another ipod but it had the same update and it didnt work.

the sound in the headphones work like a beauty but its the remote and mic.

the ipod does not recognize the mic either.
just from this you would think its firmware issues.

one thing is that i cannot contact Apple because they wont help me because my warranty is over.
but i will try calling apple and troobleshooting this and see what they do and if i can get anywhere with them.

Jun 3, 2010 10:27 PM in response to Joefrig

Joe:

I am not sure however I am thinking it is the headphones. You will need to try them on your cell phone and see if people can hear you through the mic. If that is the case then you can begin focusing again on the firmware installed on the iPod Touch.

One other thing is that when you insert the headphone plug into the iPod Touch then ensure that it is in all the way as well. I know this is probably not the issue but just being cautious here.

Axel F.

Jun 21, 2010 9:00 AM in response to Joefrig

Hey i've the same problem, but.... My Headphone with remote and mic work perfectly before i've send my itouch to apple for a non-working left-channel amplifier in the itouch.

And now, the remote works but not the mic...... and my microphone works with other phones or stuff like that, so what can I do ?!?!? Resend to apple again ?!?!?!?

Please help US !!!!!

Pascal G.
Québec, Canada

Apple In ear headphones with remote and mic not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.