Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dissapointed on Apple Service Center in Indonesia

Hi, I'm Wendy, I'm from Indonesia..
On 29 May 2010, I got myself iphone 3Gs 32GB officially..
After i brought it home, i just realize that i was unable to make a phone call, every time i tried to make a call, there was no tone at all, i tried and i tried a million times and it didn't work..
So, i was thinking, maybe something is wrong with my sim card? so i switch to another sim card with the same carrier operator..
And what the result? Suddenly, the iphone said, no sim card inserted..
I tried again and again but no result..

Finally i took it back tomorrow morning (30 may 2010) to the place i bought last night..
After a they checked it again and again (about 4 hours while i was waiting), i was told that my iphone have simcard slot issues..

They will send this iphone to apple service center in Jakarta, Indonesia.. (I live in Medan, Indonesia)
and promise me that i would get my iphone back in one week.. (Cause jakarta and medan is very near, just about 2 hours flight)

I was having a hard time to let go my iphone while i just have it for about 10 hours!! But, i got no choice, i give it to them..

(I'm not sure about this, but don't we have the rights to have the new iphone replacement cause we're having problem within 24 hours after purchase?)

And what i have right now on 13 june 2010? about 2 week after i give it to them?
I haven't receive my iphone..!! and i never get a single news about what is going on..!! I tried to contact them everyday, and they say that there is no news from apple service center..

I really don't know what to do anymore..
I can't contact apple service center directly and I still haven't got any single news until now..

Do you guys ever had a simcard slot issues like mine?
Did apple repair your iphone or gave you the new replacement?

Personal Computer, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 12, 2010 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2010 3:47 PM

i had a sim card slot issue on my iphone 3g back in 2009 i went to an apple store they confirmed the problem and replaced it right there in the spot
6 replies

Jun 12, 2010 4:18 PM in response to EX-xoN

On 29 May 2010, I got myself iphone 3Gs 32GB officially..
(I'm not sure about this, but don't we have the rights to have the new iphone replacement cause we're having problem within 24 hours after purchase?)

That would depend on Indonesian comsumer protection laws. In the USA, you have up to 2 weeks to return for exchange of refund
And what i have right now on 13 june 2010? about 2 week after i give it to them?

What's odd about your story is that Apple doesn't actually do warranty repairs other than the battery - they issue a replacement phone (sometimes a refurbished unit).

In Indonesia, official iPhone tech support is provided only by the carrier, Telkomsel, not Apple itself. If you aren't dealing with them, you aren't dealing with an official iPhone service center. If you are, Telkomsel are the only ones who can help you.

Jun 12, 2010 4:36 PM in response to EX-xoN

Did apple repair your iphone or gave you the new replacement?

If the phone was bad when you got it, it should have been replaced immediately (they call it dead on arrival or DOA). Did you ask for a replacement? In the U.S. that is what would have happened, but I do not know if the same policies apply in your country.

Jun 13, 2010 8:46 AM in response to EX-xoN

Yes, like i said it, i bought it officially and in fact i bought it while on telkomsel expo..
I didn't said telkomsel previously cause i don't think everyone know what it is..

Yes, i asked for the immediate replacement but they didn't allowed it..
They said that they need to send it to apple service center to take a look at it first and it is up to apple center whether they want to replace it with new one or just fix it..

And right now, after 2 weeks, i don't get any news whatsoever and when i asked telkomsel, they just simple answer that they haven't got any news from apple..

I'm really really disappointed..
I will consider twice before buying from telkomsel carrier again..

Dissapointed on Apple Service Center in Indonesia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.