Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 wont charge in Infiniti G37

Does anyone know if there is an adapter I can purchase in order to charge my iphone and listen to it through the iphone integration at the same time? Right now I'm able to use the cable in my car to play music (just like i did with my 1st gen iphone), but with the iphone 4 it displays a message stating the it is unable to charge via the device (my car).

Thanks!
Jason

Powerbook G4

Posted on Jun 24, 2010 5:32 PM

15 replies

Jun 25, 2010 7:47 AM in response to Jason Robinson4

Do a search on www.myg37.com - We solved this problem two years ago when the 3G was introduced. The jack in the G37 was designed to work with Apple's old charging cable. The change will cost you $30 for a charger that acts as a jumper between your Infiniti cable and your iPhone 4. I have been using my iPhone 4 in my G37 for 2 days now. It plays and charges perfectly.

Jul 27, 2010 8:48 AM in response to pdroth

Don't buy the Scosche if you have a G37. I've heard people say it doesn't fit in arm rest if you are planning to use your secondary power supply. Order this...

http://us.kensington.com/html/11205.html

That is the exact one I have. It worked fine for my 3Gs, and now works perfectly for my iPhone 4. It fits in the arm rest and I even ordered an OEM cup holder through Nissan to put in there and it fits with that as well. Now I can fit a regular sized travel mug in my car.

Hope this info helps.

p

Aug 17, 2010 6:08 PM in response to PJ Lebied

PJ, I saw your post and was wondering if you could help me.

I have a 2008 G37 Sport and I just picked up my iPhone 4 a couple days ago. I looked at the link to the cable you are using which looks to me just like a car charger that I am then assuming you are plugging the USB connection into your car in order for your playlists and songs to show up on your in-dash lcd screen. The problem is, my car does not have a USB connection but instead a specific larger plastic type connection that looks specific to Infiniti. When I was shopping a few weeks back and thought about buying a 2010 G37 I saw that the connection in the console was USB so they must have changed it on the newer models.

Is there anything I can do? I was going to contact Infiniti as I think it is a proprietary connection but I'm just wondering since you said you were also a member of myG37 if you have heard of a fix to this yet? Thanks in advance.

Aug 31, 2010 11:47 AM in response to BlackSunshine13

Sorry for the delay. Didn't see your message until today. Yes, Infinity offers a proprietary cable that plugs into that weird shaped rectangular port in your armrest. It think it ran me ~$30. Once you get that cable, you would basically piggy back it into the charger cable. Should work great.

My only complaint is that the 4.0 software lags a little bit when you scroll through your music library. Not unbearable, but it's just not as fast as it used to be with my 3Gs. Seems like a widespread issue with all platforms. Not sure if they've released a fix to speed things up yet.

Jul 31, 2012 2:28 PM in response to Jason Robinson4

An easy solution to your charging and music streaming problem is to use a more traditional charger plugged into the cigarette lighter or usb port if you have one and then get a CoolStream for your ipod cable. It is this great little device that pops right onto your ipod cable. I got one for my Benz and love it. It uses Bluetooth so you can stream music from your phone through your car stereo. Your phone will stay next to you charging and you can take calls and choose your music right from your phone. It was only $39.99 on Amazon and I never had to call my mechanic. It works like a charm, you should check out their website. www.coolstream.co.

Jan 4, 2013 11:39 AM in response to PJ Lebied

PJ,

When I plug my iPod touch into the stock cable provided by Infiniti in my 2008 G35x, no problems to speak of. When I plug my iPhone 4 into the cable, I recieve an error message that says something along the lines of "this connection is not compatible with the iPhone". It's never worked with anything other then an iPod, regardless of how many times I've tried...so it's strange to see all these posts where people have been able to access thier music. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

iPhone 4 wont charge in Infiniti G37

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.