Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad screen auto rotate wont rotate anymore!!!

I just bought an iPad few days ago and i had use the lock rotate buttons for a few times butwhen i unlock the rotate button the iPad rotation won't turn anymore i had restored the iPad but it wont work please help me solve this problem cheers

MacBook Pro !7 inch

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 4:23 AM

17 replies

Jan 4, 2011 12:08 PM in response to Zacharias Beckman

Rotation lock is now a software function on the taskbar in 4.2 and the button on the right hand side now mutes notifications e.g. so that you can watch videos or listen to music without hearing email notifications etc.

Rotation lock : double-click the home button, slide from the left, and its the button far right; press home again to exit the taskbar; repeat to switch off rotation lock.

Mar 24, 2011 11:01 AM in response to WBrokaw

WBrokaw wrote:
The autorotate on my IPad 2 suddenly quit working as well, I was able to get it to start working again by doing a complete shut down ( Holding down on the top power button then swiping off on the screen) Then just turning it back on. I have not seen the problem occur again.

My new iPad 2 had the same problem last night a few hours after I originally turned it on. Turning it off and on fixed it. Very odd that it occurred. I hope this isn't a common issue.

May 13, 2011 11:44 AM in response to yebang

my iPad2 dose the same thing even after the 4.3.3 update.

the power-off dosen't fix this problem.

last time I had to restore from the latest backup to resolve this.

it looks like an ongoing problem with iPad2, which, Apple crew must look at and solve it.

this lock/unlock problem should not continue to happen.

Apple people are you listening to complaints?

iPad screen auto rotate wont rotate anymore!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.