Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 4 Questions

Hello All,

I just upgraded from 3gs to Iphone4. I was trying to use facetime, however it didnt work from me. From what I have read is, if I back up my stuff from 3gs and then replace the phone and use the back up to restore everything on my iphone 4, then facetime wont work and so to avoid this I will have to add it as a new phone - is this correct?

Secondly, if I have to add as a new phone, how do I get my contacts from my 3gs? ensuring that facetime works at the same time as well... any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

iPhone 4 32 Gigs, iOS 4

Posted on Jun 29, 2010 8:04 PM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2010 8:11 PM in response to faheemw

I upgraded from a 3GS to iP4 and restored from a backup and Facetime works just fine. There are a number of settings that have to be correct before it will work, plus you have to be on wifi. Apple has a number set up that you can call to talk to a customer service rep who can help you set up and test Facetime. I don't have the number handy but someone probably does.

IPhone 4 Questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.