Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone not ringing?

Hey guys. My iphone 4 is my first iphone so I'm new to this. My iphone will be sitting right next to me (with full bars) and it won't ring when someone calls. I will see that I missed a call but my phone never rang. Also I've noticed that texts will be delayed sometimes. Basically my phone is exhibiting symptoms of low reception when it is untouched on my desk with full bars. Any ideas?

Iphone 4, iOS 4, 32gb

Posted on Jun 30, 2010 3:10 PM

25 replies

Jul 13, 2010 7:45 AM in response to gizzys dad

This may be true about the signal, however I never had issues with my Bold 9700 or previous phones in the same location (my office). So there must be something about the iphones that make it more prone to have this issue?

Also if it were just a signal issue, why would rebooting the phone fix it and then the problem go away for days at a time?

Message was edited by: DarkOneX

Jul 26, 2010 5:51 AM in response to moviemakinggod

The iPhone 4 is my first iPhone and I've had several issues. I updated to the latetst OS because I was routinely getting "No Signal" messages in places I knew the signal was 4 bars. I was doing soft resets 4-5 times a day to get my signal back. I was advised to update OS - after which my phone stoppped ringing! I did not have this problem before, my ring volume is set on high in both settings and external volume buttons. The speaker is fine when sampling ring tones. I have tried all combos of ringing/vibrate, but my phone does not ring when I get a call - it vibrates and shows the call on screen. Soft resets do not help and I have also done hard reset to no avail as well as reloading the new OS.

Jul 26, 2010 8:36 AM in response to RJPF

I believe this is a different issue you are speaking of than the one we were discussing as when it happens we don't see anything, no vibrate, no notification on screen that a call is coming in, we only see later that there was a missed call and/or voicemail.

However on that note, I have NOT had this happen for over 2 weeks now, so not sure if something in OS 4.01 fixed it for me or I have just been lucky.

Jul 27, 2010 8:05 AM in response to DarkOneX

I had this issue when I first got my iPhone 4 back in June. People calling me will hear the phone ring on their end, but on my end it DOES NOT RING. This means, no missed call showing up, etc. I first found out about this when random voicemails would appear. I confirmed this issue when my friend was standing next to me and I had her call after I had one of those random voicemails appear. Sure enough, it rang on her end, but NOT on mine. I called AT&T and they made some tweaks to my account. I thought the issue was solved, but sure enough it just happened again.

I'm suspicious of this having some possible connection to the GPS. When running xDrive I couldn't receive any calls at one point. A reboot fixed it, but we shouldn't have to reboot.

No good when you can't trust your phone to actually work as a phone. This is an issue that actually makes me consider returning the phone. Lame.

Iphone not ringing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.