Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Videos on Windows 10 Home are All Choppy on a New PC

iTunes Videos are All Choppy on a New PC:

-------

I am setting up iTunes on a new, out of the box PC. I have set up all other needed items -- iTunes is all that's left to configure.

But, for some reason, when both streaming and playing downloaded videos in iTunes, it's all choppy and hard to follow.

Music, however plays just fine -- there's no skipping. So no worries there.

As for other Media Players: QuickTime Player and Windows Media Player play videos just fine. It's just iTunes.

So, how do I fix this? Trying all resolution settings, there is no difference. Any thoughts?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 6:24 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 22, 2019 5:44 PM in response to turingtest2

turningtest2 Said:

Something else you can try is increasing the priority of the iTunes process.

———-

Thank You tt2.

An Update: I performed that and lots of other stuff last night to get this to look pure and crisp, yet still to no avail.

After trying what you mentioned above and everything below, I still can't get iTunes to be 100% pure and crisp (though, it is much more crisp, I can assure you that. I’d say, maybe 85% better).

So, How I’ve Troubleshot This:

For Audio:

• Equalizing the Amperage: between audio of iTunes and the PC: 1044

For Video:

1. Rid of: the iTunes Library file
  2. Uninstall: the current iTunes version
  3. Use: the new install version of iTunes.

• Disabling the Firewall: That made steaming a bit more faster. But, that made my PC a bit more vulnerable too. So, I re-enabled the firewall :’(

• Changing my Network Type: from “Public” to “Home” and that fixed it somewhat more.

• Running iTunes as the Administrator: Right-Click the iTunes icon and select Run as administrator.

• External Video: Ran this off of a projector. Tried mirroring the screen (which made no difference), and not mirroring the screen. Used HDMI cable (Monster brand BTW).

• Increasing iTunes’ Process Priority: As you recommended above. And yhat brought it up a bit.

• Chatted with (and their Reply):
  1. Microsoft: (“Take this up with Apple”)
  2. Apple: (“Take this up with Microsoft”)
  3. HP: (“Let’s try a Hard-Reset of this PC”)

In conclusion, I think a hard-reset with no more than a 64-bit iTunes version for older video cards installation will give it a crisp install. We’ll see. All is backed up, so, look forward to an update of all of this tomorrow.

— TheLittles

Nov 22, 2019 2:22 PM in response to TheLittles

Performing a “Hard-Reset” of the HP:

So here’s the deal: HP is going to have me reset the computer.

With MS not liking Apple because of iTunes and with Apple not liking MS because of Windows, I had to go through HP.

The HP Rep says we’ll perform this reset on the morning.

I’ll post back on how all of this goes, as to whether or not this hard-reset fixes it. Look forward to a reply tomorrow.

Itunes Videos on Windows 10 Home are All Choppy on a New PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.