Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dissappeared Developers! Application Abandonment! Where to report?

There is an app developer that has several games in the App Store that have numerous complaints. If you go to their online forum,(and to many unofficial forums)you will see many disgruntled customers complain of the disappearance of any type of customer support. Many have emailed the developer about their problems with the games for months now and few people have gotten the same scripted responses. The rest do not get responded to at all. The particular game I play, has not gotten an update that expands game play in about a year! The updates, which are few and far in between, consist of new "trophies" which require points to obtain. To get these points, one would have to spend lots of real money. The points used to get the trophy _don't guarantee that you will always win a trophy_. Also, to advance and win almost ANY fights past a certain level, one is FORCED to buy many of these points. The application used to be engaging but started taking a turn for the worst, update by update, until they threw out the rules.

Due to this, cheating is rampant and the complaints of the non cheaters have fallen upon the deaf ears of the once brilliant developer. The company's website does not even provide a telephone number or a mere brick and mortar building.

I, as a consumer, expect Apple to uphold its strict developer standards and not allow pseudo start up companies to swindle its customers out time and money. I have had this game since the beginning which is almost a year and a half. I took a hiatus for six months and return to an almost deserted game.

Yes, one could delete the app or write a bad review, but the developer (and developers like this) will continue to ruin the App Store. If Apple would remove applications like this, (and applications that are never updated) then developers will be forced to improve their applications and their customer support. This will in turn improve application quality for us, the consumers.

So please, if you can help me, direct me to a useful resource to report this thievery to the Apple Corporation.

Thank You.

iPhone 3G, iPhone OS 3.1.3, N/A

Posted on Jul 16, 2010 5:16 PM

2 replies

Dissappeared Developers! Application Abandonment! Where to report?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.