Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing CDs

Hi. I have the most updated version of Mac OS Catalina, and I have an iPhone 11 Max Pro. YEARS ago, I uploaded all of my CDs to iTunes on my MacBook Pro. I have a subscription to Apple Music. I have made sure that synching is turned on on both devices. Yet, my CDs either no longer appear or several of the songs are missing. In Music on the MacBook, they appear with the icon of a dotted line cloud. On my iPhone, they appear with a cloud with an ! in the center. What do I need to do to get my CDs back?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 6:22 AM

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. If the file is stored locally on your computer you can right-click and Add to Cloud Library to try to force it to be matched or uploaded. If was supposed to be in the cloud but was waiting in the original library then you'd need to restore the file from an original source.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2019 6:22 AM in response to Miquellee

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. If the file is stored locally on your computer you can right-click and Add to Cloud Library to try to force it to be matched or uploaded. If was supposed to be in the cloud but was waiting in the original library then you'd need to restore the file from an original source.

tt2

Missing CDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.