Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I really need to buy an Apple Music subscription to listen to my iTunes collection on my Android phone?

I have a large iTunes collection for which I paid thousands of dollars via Apple... I have long ago switched to Android phones, but only recently discovered the Apple Music app... I was hopeful there was finally going to be a way to efficiently use my music library from my phone, but it appears I can only do this with a subscription? Am I missing something or is this really the Apple solution??

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 6:36 AM

Thanks for confirming... Apple, if your listening... Forcing one to pay for a monthly subscription to play music they paid you thousands of dollars for is not endearing... The Apple Music app should play your purchased content without a subscription requirement.

2 replies

Dec 30, 2019 4:46 PM in response to moser000

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities moser000,

I see that you have a question about being able to access your music from iTunes on your Android device. I'd be happy to help.

To answer your question, yes. Joining Apple Music would be the only way for you to be able to access those songs that were purchased from iTunes on your Android phone. The article below provides more details about this.

Join Apple Music on Android

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Do I really need to buy an Apple Music subscription to listen to my iTunes collection on my Android phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.