Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano (4th Gen) Won't Play Music, Reads Audio Files as "Other"

Recently I attached my iPod Nano (4th Gen) to my Windows 10 laptop and got a message from Windows saying some of the files were messed up. It asked if I wanted to scan and repair the files. Naively, I clicked yes.

The next thing I know, it looks like all 2,000+ songs, music videos, videos, and TV shows were wiped off my iPod.

After a mild panic attack, I started the arduous work of putting my backup files back onto my iPod. But then I got a message that there wasn't enough space on it.

So I opened up Groove Music and discovered that all my music was still on the iPod. When I checked iTunes again, I noticed that the storage space for "Other" matched the same GB as when the music on my iPod was under "Audio."

So clearly, all the music files - and possibly the videos - are still on my iPod Nano but marked as "Other."

Right now, I can't play the music on my iPod unless it's attached to a computer, so I can't use it as the portable MP3 player it's supposed to be.

So how do I get those "Other" files to be marked as "Audio" and "Video" again?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 5:24 PM

Hello,

You could try restoring your iPod to factory settings.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

iPod Nano (4th Gen) Won't Play Music, Reads Audio Files as "Other"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.