Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to move files to a different user id (Logon)?

I have moved my wife's files from one MacBook Pro to another, newer, and want to move them from under 'Administrator' (old Mac) to, say, 'Wifefiles' on the new one.

I know this sound like a silly, beginners question but I have not managed to do this in user-friendly steps. Can someone please provide a recipe?

Thanks in advance!

Fernando

MacBook

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 5:22 AM

Sounds like you want to keep the admin account, so the best way would be to copy files from admin to /Users/Shared from the admin account. Then, log in as wiffiles and copy from Shared to the desired location in home folder.When done, delete files in Shared.

Could also be done using an external hard drive.

Similar questions

1 reply

How to move files to a different user id (Logon)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.