Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i connect my iPad to a wireless printer and will it even work?

i just got a iPad and my parents keep telling me itz a computer. well i disagree! but since they keep telling me that i decided to buy the iWork apps for it. now that i have them im sort of convinced. now i want to kno if it CAN actually connect to a wireless hp printer. please help i really need to kno because i already bought the printer and im stuck!

iPad, its a iPad!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Jul 17, 2010 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2010 6:36 PM

go to the app store and search for " Printcentral for the iPad."

Can't vouch for it however.

Joe
17 replies

Jul 17, 2010 6:49 PM in response to EliE_1993

Well, there are a number of wireless printing apps for iPad/iPhone, but many of them are slow, require you to use another computer as a server, or just don't work at all. Wireless printing is currently not considered one of the iPad's intended features or functionality. Furthermore, I feel compelled to say that your parents may be somewhat misleading you. The iPad is a TABLET computing device, it's primary purpose is a multimedia device. Expecting the iPad to do all serious business/education-related tasks as an actual desktop/laptop can do would be like expecting a tent to provide as much durability as a house.

Jul 17, 2010 7:21 PM in response to EliE_1993

Hi,
I too have a HP Printer - it's not wireless, but I have it hooked up to my Airport Base Station.
I can print directly to it from my iPad with the "Print n Share" app available from The App Store.
I believe it works directly with wireless printers.

You can check on their website Here

It's not the only printing app for the iPad, but it's the one I use, and it works for me.

Regards

Mar 13, 2012 6:33 PM in response to artistmal

I bought a new Photosmart HP6510e (wireless) for $89.99 at Office Depot. Hooked up ASUS computer easily. Worried about IPad hook-up as not windows but Mac, it was so easy and works perfectly. Just downloaded free app, "HP ePrint Home & Biz" and started printing, didn't even have to touch printer. I was astounded that it was so easy. Prints both pictures and any papers needed. Good Luck!

how can i connect my iPad to a wireless printer and will it even work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.