Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to maintain screen record quality while importing in iMovie?

I have recorded couple of minutes of video, using my mbp and its built-in screen recorder. These videos look absolutely fine when opened in any media player. However, when I add these videos in iMovie, the quality is drastically reduced(resolution is so much reduced that words are barely readable). How can I avoid this problem?

PS: Sry btw, I did not found a better topic which matches my question.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 10:25 AM

Hello, ArmanJoon.

After you have recorded your screen with QuickTime, you should select from the menu bar File > Export As...

Then select a resolution to be used for the export.

Finally, import that file into iMovie and see if that doesn't provide you the resolution and clarity you expect.

note- this works best with full-screen recordings. If you record just a small part of the screen, then the resolution choices may be limited.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2020 10:25 AM in response to ArmanJoon

Hello, ArmanJoon.

After you have recorded your screen with QuickTime, you should select from the menu bar File > Export As...

Then select a resolution to be used for the export.

Finally, import that file into iMovie and see if that doesn't provide you the resolution and clarity you expect.

note- this works best with full-screen recordings. If you record just a small part of the screen, then the resolution choices may be limited.

How to maintain screen record quality while importing in iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.