Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen for White Ceramic Apple Watch Series 5

This is my 50th birthday present and I have a question about the watch face. It will be my 3rd Apple Watch and I have scratched the faces of the previous two. Is there anything about this extra expensive watch that makes the face more durable? It says it has a sapphire face. It seems as thought they all have sapphire glass faces. Will I need to put a screen protector on this watch??

I am a mom of 5. I use this watch all the time and can't afford to treat it with kid gloves. Would love input.

Thank you!

Apple Watch Edition

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 3:22 PM

The Stainless Steel, Edition and Hermes models have Sapphire crystals. The aluminum models have Ion-X crystals. Sapphire crystals are much more scratch resistant but they do shatter if you bang them on something. If you are still concerned that you will damage it to a point where you can't use it you can get a screen protector from Zagg or other companies.

If have a friend with 5 boys, oldest one is 8, and she has the Ion-X crystal it has a couple of small scratches but they don't interfere with the use of the watch. All crystals will eventually have some scratches. Unless you don't wear them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2020 3:22 PM in response to sherrydi

The Stainless Steel, Edition and Hermes models have Sapphire crystals. The aluminum models have Ion-X crystals. Sapphire crystals are much more scratch resistant but they do shatter if you bang them on something. If you are still concerned that you will damage it to a point where you can't use it you can get a screen protector from Zagg or other companies.

If have a friend with 5 boys, oldest one is 8, and she has the Ion-X crystal it has a couple of small scratches but they don't interfere with the use of the watch. All crystals will eventually have some scratches. Unless you don't wear them.

Screen for White Ceramic Apple Watch Series 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.