Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double tap to delete email in Apple Mail

I saw that this is an old issue back in 2019 - but it never started for me until I updated my Mac to Catalina 10.15.4. Why am I just having this problem now? Did some new IT decide to save money and remove a fix? What gives?

Normally I highlight an email in Apple Mail, either hit delete on the keyboard or use the AM trash can icon, and the email disappears into trash. Now, I hit delete either way, the email list jumps & gives the impression it deleted the email - but all it did is change status to read. Now I have to highlight the same email again, and delete it again. Problem is, when I think I've deleted the email and might delete one that I want to keep instead. When I really look at the list, the one that I deleted is still there. Did anybody ever come up with a fix for this???

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 10:52 AM

Try rebuilding your Mailbox. Select an inbox, then select Mailbox menu > Rebuild.

2 replies

Double tap to delete email in Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.