Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019) fan runs loud and battery dies quickly

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019) fan runs loud for instance if I am trying to do a google hangout meet it is so loud. It also does this at other times. It is properly ventilated. Also the battery life has always been poor since purchase a few months ago. I don’t think it has ever stayed powered up longer than a day and I’m talking when I’m not even using. Very frustrating because I finally replaced my 2012 MacBook Pro that still worked and had great battery life compared to this.

Posted on May 1, 2020 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 6:15 PM

Try an SMC reset:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

3 replies

May 1, 2020 7:17 AM in response to orangegrouptech

Thank you - yes I understand this. That is not the source of my battery draining (though it does) as I said I notice more issues with the fan running so loud that I almost cannot hear people talking or them hear me. There have been days I charge my computer and then later that day it is dead after no use, so that is my issue. I understand if I am working all day on it and it needs a charge.

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019) fan runs loud and battery dies quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.