Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit multiple contacts in macOS?

Is there a way to edit multiple contacts without purchasing a 3rd party tool?

Thank you.

~Peter

Posted on May 3, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 1:18 PM

Yes, it seems like you may have imported your contacts from another application/language and that may have inserted special characters into your contacts. Is the positioning of these characters the same for each contact? If yes, try to go back to the source and see if there is an option for exporting in a simpler format, especially one compatible with the metadata that Contacts expects. If not, you would either have to do it manually for each one or yes trust another utility (if there is one) to do it for your. Hopefully there isn't anything malicious going on...

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 1:18 PM in response to Peter Ryan

Yes, it seems like you may have imported your contacts from another application/language and that may have inserted special characters into your contacts. Is the positioning of these characters the same for each contact? If yes, try to go back to the source and see if there is an option for exporting in a simpler format, especially one compatible with the metadata that Contacts expects. If not, you would either have to do it manually for each one or yes trust another utility (if there is one) to do it for your. Hopefully there isn't anything malicious going on...

May 3, 2020 1:30 PM in response to Peter Ryan

Peter Ryan wrote:

somewhere - somehow - all my phone numbers ended up with the same odd characters.
‚Ä≠‭ and ‬‬‬‚Ĩ

I suspect I need to buy a 3rd party app such as contacts second.

thx
P

This is a different issue completely.

From your FontBook.app in the Applications folder>File>Restore Standard fonts

Restore fonts that came with your Mac using Font Book ...

Edit multiple contacts in macOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.